Pages

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: The Summer Smoothie

Here at JNikLC, I aim to inspire you to be successful in all aspects of your life. Health and how you eat is a major part of living a successful life. Why? Because looking good and being fit makes you feel good, and feeling good makes you more positive and energized, and if you feel positive and energized you’ll stay motivated to dream, conquer, achieve, and repeat!
I will admit to you right here — when it comes to eating, I refuse to eat something that doesn’t taste good. I understand that kale smoothies are supposed to be really beneficial to my health, but I will not drink a smoothie that tastes like kale. I love to eat all kinds of food. I have been all over the world and have tried cuisines from many nations. I will try any kind of food as long as it doesn’t gross me out. And if I find the food tasty, I will continue to eat it. This is important to know, because when you read about food here at JNikLC on Tasty Tuesday and you read about my healthy recipes — everything will be tasty.
I don’t believe healthy food should sacrifice taste. So at least one Tuesday a month I will be showing you a healthy recipe or talk about a specific healthy food that I like, and it will be tasty.
Today, I made The Summer Smoothie. It’s all natural. There is no added sugar. Most importantly, it’s very healthy and very tasty.



Ingredients
I use a Vitamix 6300 for all my blending/mixing/chopping needs, but you’re free to use whatever blender works for you.
You will need:
1 cup milk (or your choice of substitute)
1 or 2 avocados
strawberries
pineapple
grapes
ice
You’ll notice I don’t give specific amounts of fruit in my recipe. That’s because the amounts are negligible. Eating healthy isn’t always easy, so when I decide to make a smoothie to enjoy a healthy breakfast or a healthy snack, I want to make it as easy as possible. That means I don’t take amounts too seriously. The harder it is to prepare healthy food, the more likely we will be to grab the quick and easy unhealthy food. So stick to making it easy. I have had many different versions of the above recipe with varying amounts of different fruit and the taste always comes out the same. (Note: The avocados do not change the flavor only how thick the smoothie comes out).
Put all the ingredients into your blender the order they are listed above. The amount of ice should be 1/3 or less than the rest of your ingredients. Then blend till you get the consistency you desire. (For workout purposes you may add protein powder before the ice). On the Vitamix 6300, there is a specific pre-programmed smoothie dial, so I simply set it on that, flip the switch and let it blend till the process is complete. And voilĂ ! Your super delicious, healthy, summer smoothie is ready to enjoy!
For life coaching, media, or other inquiries, please contact me here.
COPYRIGHT/DISCLAIMER
© Jason Nik and JNikLC, 2014. All material posted on this blog is owned by Jason Nik. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written consent from Jason Nik is strictly prohibited. Links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jason Nik and JNikLC with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
_______________________________
All content provided on JNikLC is for informational purposes only. Jason Nik makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Jason Nik will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. Jason Nik will not be liable for any personal, emotional, and/or physical injury, death, or loss of property which may occur as a result of engaging in anything discussed in this blog.